Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
- The candidate who meet the eligibility criteria for admission can apply for these courses.
- Candidates desirous to join Pre-Sea Residential Training will have to apply to Bhartiya Marine Foundation on the prescribed form given in the website or in leading news papers or in forms available at your local stationery shop. The application form is also given in the prospectus.
- The candidates should submit completed application form along with the following
The Following Documents has to be attached
The completed application form should reach the Academy on or before the specified date, through Registered Post / Courier / Personally.
Original Certificates will have to be produced for verification at the time of admission/reporting.
The fees once paid will not be refunded or transferred to any other candidate's account.
Mode of Selection
- Upon collection and scrutinizing the applications, the Selection Board of Bhartiya marine Foundation will issue call letters to the short listed candidates. Candidates are short listed on the basis of marks obtain in the qualifying examination. Preference will be given to candidates with higher qualification and to the wards of serving / retired seafarers, subject to meeting the Eligibility Criteria. Copies of the Guardian's CDC will be considered authentic proof for justifying the claim.
- Short listed candidates are advised to report at the Academy. The candidates have to undergo Test (Written or Oral) or both. They will be tested on the basis of their attitude and aptitude towards seafaring profession, ability to communicate in English, general comprehension and seafaring background, if any.
Bhartiya Marine Foundation reserves the right to select or reject any candidate. The Selection Committee is not bound to call an applicant for interview or to assign any reason for rejection.
- The candidates who qualify in the final test will have to undergo medical examination as per MS 2000 rules by a doctors appointed by D.G. Shipping. Selection will be confirmed only if the candidate is found to be medically fit for sea service.
- Once declared medically fit candidates must take admission by paying his course fees, failing which the seat will be offered to the next candidate as per the merit list.
Caution as per the law.
Fees once Paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Removal from Academy for all Pre-Sea Courses
Cases of major indiscipline will be a cause for rustication from the Academy. Minor offences will be dealt by the Principal and warning letter sent to parents if considered necessary by the Principal.